Click here to download a PDF version of the instructions for this kit.
Two of these unusual wagons were built by the prolific wagon building company Charles
Roberts & Co Ltd in 1909 for Chance & Hunt Ltd of Oldbury. The 12 ton capacity wagons
were numbered 114 and 115. They were built specifically for the conveyance of hydrochloric
acid; not surprisingly, this is a dangerous substance, and it was carried in eight
earthenware jars, the lids of which look like hatches in the top of the wagon. Basically,
these wagons are a wooden box in which to contain the jars. At first glance, they
look like a standard coal wagon but they are slightly taller than usual and, of course,
there are no doors in the sides or end.
The kit consists of an MDF sub-structure which is clad with thin laser-etched plastic
sides and overlays of self-adhesive card for the strapping and details. There are
tabs underneath for easy attachment to a Peco chassis. Full body-side transfers by
Robbie Burns are included.
Requires Peco NR-119 9ft Wheelbase wooden type solebars chassis kit to complete.